On TiVo right now, I have recorded Iron Chef America. By chance, I started watching a battle between a team of Iron Chef Kat Cora and Robert Irvine (Dinner: Impossible) and a team of Iron Chef Michael Symon and Anne Burrell (Secrets of a Restaurant Chef). The battle was "Deep Freeze" and it involved everything on the plate needed to be frozen. Chef Irvine made BACON ICE CREAM. Let me just repeat that for you, if you didn't quite catch the subtlety, BACON ICE CREAM.
Now, for those of you that don't know me, bacon is a rather important food group in my life. It is my own personal mantra that bacon makes everything better. Just think of a food, and tell me it wouldn't be made better by the addition of bacon. I've had chocolate covered bacon (thanks Rob), bacon in brownies, bacon in coffee, bacon in cinnamon rolls. I thought I had tasted it all. BUT ALAS, THAT IS NOT THAT CASE. I HAVE NOT TASTED BACON ICE CREAM.
I need to rectify that situation. Anyone know where I can find bacon ice cream?
Maybe I could just make it myself. I do have an ice cream machine, but it was new in the 1880's. It's loud and cumbersome and doesn't really work very well. But I must try. The bacon is calling me.
I know I sound like a crazy person, but bacon is like a drug for me. I might need BEA or Bacon Eaters Anonymous.
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2008/03/candied-bacon-i-1/
ReplyDeleteMouthgasm. <3
You're welcome. =)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe I'm just reading this now. I'm ashamed to call myself your friend. =(
So... idk that what my name showed up as. But it was me. =)
ReplyDelete